We look forward to hosting you at the 4th Annual Walter Reed Jazz Festival. Our mission is to provide an experience where all big bands and combos will have the opportunity to play on stage, receive a clinic, and watch a professional level performance. This year will be a competitive festival that recognize placements and ratings. The special guest performance this year will be TBA. At the end of the event we will have an awards ceremony where groups are honored with plaques, certificates, and ratings.
Please contact Stewart Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Date: 04/12/2024 11am-10pm
Adjudicators & Clinicians:
Bob Babko – Acclaimed educator, CAJ Hall of Famer, CMEA Jazz Educator of the Year
Jim Foschia – Stanford Jazz Clinic
Jim Mooy – Santa Barbara City College
Clinician – Dan Taguchi – Hamilton HS & Hale MS
Clinician – Steve Murillo – UCLA Hancock Institute
Clinician – Tony White – Director of Beyond the Bell Music and Entertainment Education. LAUSD All-CIty Marching Band Director
Clinician – Brian McGaffey – Hamilton HS (Band), Millikan MS
Guest Performance: TBA
How to Apply:
- Click on Application and fill out that form.
- As of 01/19/24 the festival is only accepting waitlist applicants
- Click on General info, this will tell you how to pay the fees for the groups you are bringing and give you more details about the event.
- Email your stage plots/performance info sheets to email@example.com
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org